Thursday, January 3, 2013

January 3 Blog 3


The SAT’s are something that every high school student barley knows of as a freshman, hears about as a sophomore, worries about as a junior, and is terrified of as a senior. The SAT’s were always something that had worried me. I have never been the type of person to do very well on a standardized test because of the pressure and anxiety it causes. I walked into my first SAT test in May of my junior year, petrified, sweaty hands gripping a bottle of water, a calculator, and my pencil attempting to mentally prepare myself for the test. As I took the exam to my surprise I thought that I did very well, until I received my scores and they were not where I wanted them to be, at all. Many hours of studying, SAT classes, and two tests later, my scores finally came to a 1700, which I was pleased with. After I received that last score I finally could hand in my applications. Nothing felt better than pressing send on the application website and the SAT website which sent my scores. Or so I thought. A few weeks go by and I decide to check my email that I created specifically for applications. I was horrified when I opened the inbox to see dozens of emails asking where my scores were and that they have looked over everything but cannot make a decision until they review my SAT scores. My heart dropped into the pit of my stomach as I checked the online recite on the SAT website, stating that none of them had been sent. I hurried to my phone calling my mother crying, with her reassuring me that we had in fact been billed for the shipping of the SAT’s, but to go ahead and send them again. I sent them on rush straight away to all of my schools but the feeling was not the same when I pushed the send button. 

No comments:

Post a Comment