Monday, May 13, 2013

Quarter 4 Journal 2

As the acceptance letters from college came rolling in, I felt like I could not contain my excitement to start this new chapter in my life. The happiness being accepted into an institution grew with every large envelope that arrived on my doorstep. The University of Delaware, University of Rhode Island, St. Joseph’s University, University of South Carolina, and University of Hartford all wanted me to be an addition to their community. I could not have felt more blessed and fortunate to be given the opportunity to attend one of these amazing places for greater learning. However, with every blessing there is a burden and my situation was not exempt from this unfortunate reality. With every letter I received my decision became a great deal more difficult. However, I did not know this until the date of May first crept up on me and soon enough I needed to make a life changing decision within a few days. I have never felt so much pressure and anxiety as I did those few days of decision-making. Every person one can think of was giving me advice weather it be my teachers, parents, friends, a man at the gym, or a lady at the nail salon. Every person was giving me his or her two cents, which was only making my decision harder and more confusing. Within those few days I had narrowed my decision down to two schools that are practically identical in size, reputation, and campus life. The schools I was playing tug of war over was The University of Delaware and The University of Rhode Island. Eventually when I began listening to my own voice rather than the opinions of others, I finally made a decision. I decided to take a chance and leave my comfort zone of what I know and start a new adventure at The University of Rhode Island. 

No comments:

Post a Comment